This tutorial will teach you the basics of animation in photoshop, in particular you’ll learn how to fade something in and out.
1. Open up an image in imageready or photoshop CS3 (I used the picture from the orange gelly text effect) We’re going to adjust this to make the picture fade in and out.
2. Duplicate the image and lower the opacity to 40% like this and be sure that you have a colored background (this will be the picture when it’s totally faded out).
3. Now open up the animation window in photoshop CS3 (window – animation) or if you use imageready it should already be opened. The next step is to insert a 2nd animation frame where you hide the 100% opacity layer!
4. Select the first animation frame again and add a tween with the following settings!
5. In the last step, select the last frame and add a tween again but with other settings ofcourse!
6. After all this save it as a .gif file and enjoy your result (click on the image to see the animation)! You’ve just created a simple fade in and out image! It’s a simple but highly effective effect…