In this tutorial we’re going to design a nice orange gradient menu!
1. Create a new document (800*100) and fill the background with #ffffff using the paint bucket tool.
2. Now use your rounded rectangle tool and select another front color (I used #ff8a00) and draw a shape like this. The radius should be around 10px to give the menu 4 rounded corners…
3. Now it’s time to adjust the blending options, we’re going to add a lot of effects so pay attention and follow these steps closely! These are easy but it’s also easy to forget something… So here we go! Go to (layer – layer style – blending options).
4. Now just add some text to this orange gradient menu (lucida sans unicode, 12px, #ffffff front color). After you’ve inserted your links for the menu just add a drop shadow with the following settings shown in the screenshot below!
5. And there you go! You have designed a nice orange gradient menu for a website, banner or header!