In this tutorial you can learn how to create a modern warfare text effect. You can use this to promote games or even create a modern website header related to war or anything else.
1. Let’s start out by creating a new file. I used a 700×300 pixels canvas set at 72dpi, and I filled my background with black color. Now select the horizontal type tool then set the font family to arial, bold, 48 pt, smooth and #D3EDC4 color shade. In a new text layer type “MODERN WARFARE” or text anything you want.
2. Under layer style (layer – layer style) add an inner glow blending option to your white text layer.
3. In a new text layer type your name in black on the same location as your first text.
4. Under layer style (layer – layer style) add an inner glow blending option to your black text layer. Then set the layer’s blending mode to lighten.
5. In a new layer draw a 1 px white line across your text then draw a 1 px black line below the white line. Now set the layer’s blending mode to soft light at 22% opacity level.
6. Now add more transparent lines all over your text design.
7. Now in a new text layer type 2 using a large font size and rasterize the layer so its edible. Then cut out a vertical rectangle on the middle of the 2.
8. Under layer style (layer – layer style) add an inner glow and stroke blending options to your 2 shape layer. Then set the layer’s blending mode to darken.
9. You’ve just created a modern warfare 2 text effect.