Create some text suitable for a web 2.0 design.
1. Create a new document (400*250).
2. Fill the background with #FFFFFF using the paint bucket tool.
3. First of all you should type out a little bit of text like I did. I used black as my front color because we’re going to add a gradient overlay anyway. The font used in this tutorial is arial black (60px).
4. In this fourth step we’re going to adjust the blending options and add some effects. So go ahead and navigate to (layer – layer style – blending options). We’ll adjust the drop shadow settings, stroke settings and ofcourse the gradient overlay to create the 2.0 design effect.
5. In this last step we’re going to add the typical shine effect so use your rectangular marquee tool to select a box like shown below and fill it with white #ffffff on a new layer (layer – new layer).
6. Now lower the opacity of the previously created layer to 25% to end up with this web 2.0 design effect!