We’re going to create a wordpress theme that can be coded into a real theme if you know how to do this.
1. Create a new document (900*700).
2. Fill the background with #4399d1 and look at the guides I’ve created in the screenshot below. Also select a rectangle like shown below (heigth of 350px) using your rectangular marquee tool.
3. Now create a new layer (layer – new layer) and fill the previous selection with any color you like. Then adjust the blending options to add a gradient overlay with the settings like shown in the second screenshot in this step.
4. Create another new layer and select a rectangle for your content and text like shown! Fill it with white #ffffff so the whole desgin looks like this for now.
5. Now we’re going to add a stroke with a special gradient instead of just a plain color (again go to layer – layer style – blending options and then stroke). Look at the screenshot below to find out what I did to achieve the special border…
6. Now create a new layer just above the header layer (the one with the gradient) and select your brush tool (change the foreground color to white #ffffff). Start brushing using this brush and this one untill you have something looking like this! Looks cold and snowy, just what we wanted (i also changed the opacity of this layer to 75%)! You also might want to add these snowflakes on more than 1 layer like I did in step 7…
7. Use your horizontal type tool to type out a title and a subtitle… I used a font called microsoft sans serif with a size of 30px for the title and 10px for the description.
8. Like every wordpress template you also need a menu (on a new layer so create a new one)… So use your rectangular marquee tool to select a rectangle like this on the right of your screen. Then fill it with #fafafa. Ofcourse this can also be done using css and divs, but for now we’re just going to duplicate the looks of this design.
9. In this last step I’ve just added some demo text like always! I hope you liked this tutorial! The coded wordpress theme for a look-a-like of this design can be downloaded here!
Learn the art of web designing using testking 642-642 self paced study guides. We offer the best quality testking 70-432 design tutorials and testking E20-001 videos to help you become expert in photoshop work.